Friday, October 24, 2008

My new cup of coffee

I'm kind of a coffee snob. I love coffee. I don't mean I *love* it, I mean I ** LOVE LOVE ** it!!! Well...I have a new love...

GREEN SMOOTHIES

They are my new coffee! I jumped on the green smoothie band wagon a few weeks ago. Since I've lost 31.2 lbs (yes that .2 matters!), I've been on a health kick. I no longer eat meat and I CAN'T eat dairy. I mostly eat raw fruit, vegetables, nuts and seeds. Can you say energy?! I feel great. I no longer get that full feeling. My skin is clearing up. I have a good attitude. I haven't had a headache in a while. I feel so much better about myself knowing that I'm not eating crap out of a box anymore. I'm not saying that I haven't indulged in the occasional treat :o but I don't have the cravings that much anymore. If I had chips in the cabinet before, I would have an overwhelming urge to eat them. Seriously, it was all consuming! I couldn't concentrate or stay on task because I was thinking about those darn chips!!

We'll see what happens with weight loss. That would just be an added benefit at this point. Even if I don't lose a pound, this is still gonna be my new way of eating.

5 comments:

OnAJourney said...

Hi Kymm,

I too am delving into the raw food arena. My favorite green smoothie consists of kale, cucumber, flax seed oil, blueberries and banana, a littel water and ice. It's awesome! I drink it for breakfast, and I'm barely hungry at lunch time. I'm trying to eat raw for breakfast & lunch, and vegetarian, possibly cooked, for dinner.
I'm going to contact the raw food instructor that Karen at Choices Natural suggested. I would love for someone to give me some ideas for "cooking" raw.
Good luck! I'm hoping to start feeling better like you on this "diet".

Coni

Kristen's Raw said...

Congratulations on your success :) Adding raw to your life AND cutting out animal products (and by-products) is so life changing. I'm really happy for you.

With apples in season, I'm cherishing my Fluffy Green Smoothie these days:
1 1/2 cups water
1-2 handsful spinach
2 apples
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon

YUM!!!

Cheers,
Kristen

Anonymous said...

It is rather interesting for me to read the blog. Thanx for it. I like such themes and anything connected to this matter. I definitely want to read more soon.

Anonymous said...

It is certainly interesting for me to read that post. Thanx for it. I like such themes and everything that is connected to this matter. I definitely want to read a bit more soon.

Anonymous said...

Keep on posting such stories. I love to read articles like that. BTW add more pics :)